* 12 Servings
* Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
* 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated angel hair pasta
* 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
* 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
* 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
* 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 3/4 cup minced fresh parsley
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup half-and-half cream
* 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
* In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the pasta, shrimp, feta cheese, Swiss cheese and salsa. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with the Monterey Jack cheese, parsley, basil and oregano.
* In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and yogurt; pour over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 220 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 452 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
(via Taste of Home)
So I went ahead and tried this recipe! My first time attempting to cook anything... so it wasn't perfect. It was good though! I think next time I'm gonna use less noodles and more parsley. I didn't use the full 3/4 cup.